- 6 cups greens, such as kale, Swiss chard, cabbage, shredded Brussels sprouts, or spinach
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ Tablespoon each, cider vinegar, honey, chopped mint
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Slice the greens into thin ribbons (about 1⁄4-inch wide).
- Toss together in large salad bowl with sunflower seeds, almonds and raisins.
- Put dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously until blended. Drizzle over greens, toss and serve.
One trick for creating ribbons is to use scissors.
Serves 4. Per serving: 200 calories, 6g protein, 22g carbohydrate (4g fiber), 12g fat (2g sat, 10g mono/poly), 136mg sodium