- 8 cups of assorted vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, yams, potatoes, brussels sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, red or white onion, peppers
- ½ teaspoon each: dried oregano, thyme, rosemary
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces per serving of protein of your choice (if using)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash vegetables and remove skin as necessary, cut into large bite-size pieces. Lightly spray two cookie sheets with oil. Then add veggies, spray lightly and toss. Roast uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn with spatula. Vegetables should still be firm but beginning to color. Sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Roast 10 more minutes or until tender.
- If cooking a protein, add it on top of the vegetables for the last 10 minutes. Plate and serve (shown here with fish).
If cooking meat, sear on both sides before adding to vegetables. Fish does not need searing.
Serves 4 plus leftovers. Per serving: 192 calories, 5g protein, 44g carbohydrate (9g fiber), 1g fat (0g sat, 1g mono/poly), 71mg sodium