- 1 4-5 pound whole chicken
- 1 large onion
- 3 Tablespoon of dried herbs and spices, your favorite combination
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Roughly chop onion and place in bottom of slow-cooker.
- Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl and gently rub on chicken.
- Place chicken in slow-cooker on top of onions. Set on low for 3-8 hours depending on your appliance.
- Before serving, drain the broth and save for other recipes.
For a savory bird, add 1/2 a lemon in the cavity and choose spices such as thyme, sage and basil. For a Latin flare, use chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin as pictured here.
Serves 4 with leftovers. Per 3.5 oz serving: 177 calories, 27g protein, 0 carbohydrate (0g fiber), 7g fat (2g sat, 5g mono/poly), 70mg sodium